Welcome to Industry News, a blog series sharing what’s happening in Canadian theatre and the wider arts community. Each week we share news we’ve come across as well as events, calls for nominations and submissions, and professional development opportunities.
Have something to share? Send it to email@example.com and we’ll include it here.
The workshop is with artists from Magnet Theatre (South Africa) and will take place in May. Applications are open until April 16.
What’s Happening at PACT
- Registration is open for PACTcon2018 – The Future of Storytelling. Join us in Ottawa from May 9 to 12 to connect with your Canadian theatre peers and add your voice to the conversation!
- We’re getting ready to celebrate World Day of Theatre for Children and Young People (Tuesday, March 20) and World Theatre Day (Tuesday, March 27). Download our Engagement Guide for ideas about getting involved.
- Industry News will be on hiatus next week, as we build up to World Theatre Day by filling our blog with posts from across the country. We’ll be back with a double issue on Thursday, March 29.
What’s Happening in the Wider Community
- Tanja Jacobs (Toronto, ON) was awarded the 2018 Gina Wilkinson Prize for an emerging female director.
- mia amir (Vancouver, BC) was awarded an LMDA Bly Grant for the project Unsettling Dramaturgy: Crip and Indigenous Process Design in the Studio, on the Stage, and in the Street.
- Ryerson University’s Centre for Free Expression and School of Performance are co-hosting a panel discussion titled “Are Arts Funders Starting to Define the Art” on April 23.