Welcome to Industry News, a new blog series sharing what’s happening in Canadian theatre and the wider arts community. Each week we’ll share news we’ve come across as well as events, calls for nominations and submissions, and professional development opportunities.
Have something to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll include it here.
Call for Submissions: The 2017 Glassco Translation Residency in Tadoussac
Playwrights’ Workshop Montréal, in partnership with the Cole Foundation, is now accepting submissions for the 2017 Glassco Translation Residency. The residency will take place June 13-23, 2017 at the home of the late Bill Glassco, in Tadoussac, Québec.
What’s Happening in the Wider Community
- Theatre Nova Scotia has announced the nominees for the 2017 Merritt Awards.
- The Governor General’s Performing Arts Awards recently announced the 2017 lifetime achievement award recipients, including Yves Sioui Durand and Brigitte Haentjens.
- The Musical Stage Theatre Co. (formerly Acting UpStage) has announced the Aubrey and Marla Dan Fund for New Musicals, the first-ever fund exclusively for the commissioning of new Canadian musical works.
- The P.M. Arts conference will take place March 23-26 in Toronto. The P.M.Arts Conference brings together working arts managers from across Canada to learn from, and share with, other managers and those wanting to manage.
- The Canada Council for the Arts has announced an $88.5-milion Arts in a Digital World Fund. The Fund was announced as part of the Canada Council’s two-day Arts in a Digital World summit.
- The Greater Toronto Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals is offering bursaries to attend Fundraising Day.
- The Playwright’s Guild of Canada is hosting an online version of their Creator Exchange series on World Theatre Day.