Welcome to Industry News, a blog series sharing what’s happening in Canadian theatre and the wider arts community. Each week we share news we’ve come across as well as events, calls for nominations and submissions, and professional development opportunities.
Have something to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll include it here.
Are you a PACT member with news to share? Email email@example.com and we’ll include it here.
What’s Happening at PACT
- CTA negotiations began this week! Our intrepid team met with representatives from CAEA to begin negotiating a new Canadian Theatre Agreement.
What’s Happening in the Wider Community
- The Literary Managers and Dramaturgs of the Americas (LMDA) invites proposals for papers, presentations, panels, and other containers for discussion on the conference theme or other topics related to dramaturgical and literary management practice in advance of their conference June 21-23 in Toronto ON.
- The Provincial Government of British Columbia is supporting activities that raise the global profile of B.C. artists by committing $350,000 in 2017-18 to the International Presence Program.
- PACT members can receive a $180 discount off the registration price to the Canadian Arts Marketing, Development and Ticketing Conference in Toronto, June 11 & 12.
- Queen’s University is offering two upcoming sessions to interested individuals to learn about their graduate diploma in Arts Management and their Master of Arts program in Arts Leadership.
- To celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the International Theatre Institute the Executive Council has selected five authors to write a World Theatre Day message – one from each of the five UNESCO Regions: Africa, the Americas, Arab Countries, Asia Pacific and Europe.