Welcome to Industry News, a blog series sharing what’s happening in Canadian theatre and the wider arts community. Each week we share news we’ve come across as well as events, calls for nominations and submissions, and professional development opportunities.
Have something to share? Send it to email@example.com and we’ll include it here.
Blyth Festival looking for prop curling rocks for upcoming show
From Rachael King, General Manager of the Blyth Festival –
Hi there PACT theatres. Blyth’s premiering Mark Crawford’s The New Canadian Curling Club this summer. I’m wondering if anyone’s props storage currently has prop curling rocks in stock? Trying to see what exists out there before embarking on a build/purchase. Someone’s gotta have old Wullie MacCrimmon gathering dust in a back corner. Thanks!
What’s Happening at PACT
- This week we welcome Dean Fleming, Sue Edworthy, Vicki Stroich and the Quebec Drama Federation as PACT Colleagues! Learn more about the Colleague Network.
- Alicia Judson will start on Monday, February 12 as PACT’s new Human Resources Specialist. Alicia is a successful Human Resources and Training professional. She earned her B.A. in Contemporary Studies from Wilfrid Laurier University, her B.Ed in Primary/Junior Education from Nipissing Schulic School of Education and her Human Resources Management Certificate from George Brown College. Prior to Post Secondary education, Alicia was a musical theatre major at Etobicoke School of the Arts. When not working, Alicia likes to spend her time cooking, baking, reading and playing sports.
- After just over seven years at PACT, Meg Shannon will be leaving to take on a new role with Global Public Affairs. She will greatly miss working with the PACT community. Meg’s last day will be February 23.
What’s Happening in the Wider Community
- Two Canadian playwrights have been named as finalists for the Susan Smith Blackburn Prize
- The Prismatic Arts Festival has announced its dates for 2018 – the festival will take place September 12-16.
- Theatre Ontario (Toronto ON) has announced a new round of workshops.