Welcome to Industry News, a blog series sharing what’s happening in Canadian theatre and the wider arts community. Each week we share news we’ve come across as well as events, calls for nominations and submissions, and professional development opportunities.
Have something to share? Send it to email@example.com and we’ll include it here.
Theatre Network to begin design work for Roxy Theatre
The company has received funding to start the process of replacing the Edmonton venue, which was destroyed in a 2015 fire.
What’s Happening at PACT
- We’re hiring! Join the PACT team as Membership and Communications Manager. The deadline to apply is March 16.
What’s Happening in the Wider Community
- With profound sadness, Equity announces the passing of Keith Davidson, Director of Business Rep Services following a short illness.
- The Banff Centre for the Arts has announced a new leadership intensive dedicated to reconciliation and right relations. The deadline to apply is April 10 and the intensive is set to take place April 22- 26.
- Aboriginal artists and arts organizations of Québec have joined forces to sign a manifesto submitted to over 40 non-Aboriginal and Aboriginal political and cultural institutions Montréal.
- The government of British Columbia has announced an increase to the budget of the BC Arts Council by $15 million over the next three years and an increased investment of $3 million to Creative BC.
- Matthew Tiffin and Mell Aimé-Cyriaque, Program Officers from the Explore and Create program at the Canada Council for the Arts, will be holding an information session on March 16th in Montreal.
- The Playwrights Guild of Canada is hosting a webinar coinciding with World Theatre Day. The theme is ‘the climate of underrepresented voices’.
- The Toronto City Council approves property tax reduction for creative hubs.
- The Banff Centre (Banff AB) has announced the participants of the 2018 playwrights lab.
- Summerworks (Toronto ON) is currently taking submissions for their 2018 festival. The deadline to submit is April 8.