Welcome to Industry News, a new blog series sharing what’s happening in Canadian theatre and the wider arts community. Each week we’ll share news we’ve come across as well as events, calls for nominations and submissions, and professional development opportunities.
Have something to share? Send it to email@example.com and we’ll include it here.
Are you a PACT member with news to share? Send it to us and we’ll put it here!
What’s Happening at PACT
- Rising Tide Theatre (Trinity NL) is now an Affiliate member of PACT – welcome!
- We submitted recommendations to the federal standing committee on finance in preparation for the 2018 federal budget.
- We’re still looking for participants for the Ontario (outside Toronto) All In cohort. Get in touch with Deidre Walton to learn how you can get involved.
What’s Happening in the Wider Community
- Nominations are now open for the Canada Council’s John Hirsch Prize. The deadline to nominate is October 2.
- Nominations are also now open for the Canada Council’s John Hobday Award in arts management. The deadline to nominate is October 2.
- The Government of Ontario has announced it will invest $750,000 over three years to Work in Culture to improve training for workers in the cultural sector.