Website Alberta Theatre Projects
Alberta Theatre Projects is preparing for our next season of producing live, professional, contemporary theatre in Calgary.
We create world-class contemporary theatre that blurs the line between the audience and the artist, by telling the most provocative and engaging stories of our time. By embracing the intimacy and unique audience configuration opportunities of the Martha Cohen Theatre, we offer an exciting new experience for our audience with each production.
This is a very exciting time in the history of Alberta Theatre Projects as we look to the future of how our company can be a leader in new play development and producing the finest contemporary theatre that engages our community by reflecting their stories on stage. The Ticket Sales Coordinator is key to delivering a great experience for patrons and donors, as well as assisting in our outreach to new audiences.
Building on the legacy of Executive & Artistic Director Darcy Evans, Alberta Theatre Projects is in a high growth phase and we are excited to keep the momentum going as one of our country’s leaders in professional theatre. This role is targeted to start in late July or early August, 2021.
WHO YOU ARE
The Ticket Sales Coordinator is a full-time, year-round, permanent role on our administrative team and is paramount to our organization being able to deliver a great patron experience. You are a dynamic, energetic professional with a passion for the performing arts. You’ll report to and work closely with the Ticket Sales Manager to reach and surpass ticket revenue goals, while also championing administrative functions within the department. You will act as one of the main representatives of Alberta Theatre Projects to the general public, and we’re eager to welcome you to our collection of friendly faces.
WHAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Assisting patrons in person, by email, and over the phone with ticketing requests of all types
- Maintaining positive relations with the public through the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Scheduling sales reports and participating in sales analysis with entire marketing & sales teams
- Maintaining accurate information in our CRM system (Spektrix)
- Liaising with other departments related to special events and other fundraising opportunities
- Assisting with the building of events in Spektrix
- Participating in outbound calling on telemarketing sales campaigns
- Taking a leading role on Group Sales (especially for the Holiday Show) including prospecting and converting to sales
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING TO ALBERTA THEATRE PROJECTS
- Commitment to and an understanding of the mission and values of Alberta Theatre Projects
- Friendly and personable demeanor; a people-person
- A great track-record for customer service excellence, preferably in a ticketed entertainment organization
- A successful record of meeting sales goals, including soliciting and closing group sales
- Analytical skills in completing post-mortems related to sales targets
- Ability to interact comfortably, tactfully, and effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Experience with ticket sales software (Spektrix considered an asset)
- Clear and concise communication and reporting skills; attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills necessary to prioritize and manage concurrent initiatives
- A high degree of self-motivation; integrity and a good work ethic
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
This role is part of the administrative staff group and receives benefits as set out by staff policies. Annual salary range for this role is $40,000 – 43,000. Alberta Theatre Projects is dedicated to becoming an employer of choice and providing a welcoming team environment.
To apply please email a letter of interest and resume by email to Kyle Russell, Interim Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org before 8:00 a.m. on July 5, 2021. All applications are held in strict confidence.
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in equity and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, albertatheatreprojects.com.