Website Cameco Capitol Arts Centre
Live Theatre, Concerts, HD Opera, TIFF, Community Involvement
Customer Service Agent (CSJ)
(Part-Time Hourly Position / 14-week contact )
Canada Summer Jobs
ABOUT THE CAPITOL
The National Historically Designated Cameco Capitol Arts Centre is located just 1 hour from Toronto in beautiful and historic Port Hope. One of Canada’s first “Talking Picture Houses”, built-in 1930 and in operation as a multi-entertainment venue since 1995,
the Capitol has enjoyed growth over the past five years and is poised for the next chapter in its evolution. The Capitol draws top industry talent for its professional productions as well as highly talented locals for our community initiatives in two performance spaces. Operating year-round, the Capitol offers Live Theatre, Concerts, TIFF Films, HD Opera, and much more via two
The Capitol Theatre is seeking a Customer Service Agent. This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program and is available to applicants between the ages of 15-30 years old.
Reporting to the Patron Services Manager or Managing Director, this is an amazing opportunity for young people who love the theatre, are friendly, and have strong computer skills. Working in the box office, alongside volunteers and the Patron Services Manager, the successful candidate will respond to in-person, telephone, and email inquiries, sell tickets and work on projects as
assigned. Box Office cashiers work closely with other Capitol Theatre team members to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience to our visitors and the community. This position traditionally requires the candidates to have availability during regular business hours, evenings, and weekends.
DETAILED DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
● Answer incoming inquiries by phone, email, and in-person in a prompt and professional manner, providing accurate information to theatre patrons in regard to theatre programming, events, and fundraising initiatives.
● Process the sale of tickets for performances, events, and fundraising initiatives
● Report any customer service issues to management and take initiative to resolve matters
● Conduct outbound calls to members, donors, or ticket purchasers as required
● Maintain a neat and presentable lobby area, updating merchandise displays or promotional materials as needed
● Create daily house reports for the operations team as needed
Experience: Past experience in similar customer service roles, point of sale, and ticketing systems are an asset
● Customer Service – this position is a customer-facing role and requires friendly and professional conduct at all times
● Collaboration – must work well with other box office agents and front of house teams
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people in a diverse environment
● Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word) and GSuite (Cloud Computing, Google Docs)
● Occasional physical effort may be required to assist the team in setting up the theatre for events.
● Ability to manage and defuse difficult customer situations with positivity and professionalism.
Hours & Compensation: This position is a part-time 14-week contract, consisting of 20hrs/week with a total of 280 hours. This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program and is available to young people between the ages of 15-30.
Working hours are generally Tuesday – Saturday 10 am – 2 pm however may require flexibility to include evenings and weekends.
Hourly wage of $15/hr.
The contract will begin on June 21st, 2021.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should email their CV to email@example.com and include Customer Service Agent (CSJ) in the subject line. Application Deadline – Friday, June 11th, 2021.
The Cameco Capitol Arts Centre is actively interested in supporting BIPOC and members of the LGBTQ2+ communities and we encourage members of those communities to apply. We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.