Imagine working in a place where you can see the sunsets over the magnificent Bay of Fundy from your window, where there are trails for you to use on your breaks, where the local community is thriving and has the amenities of a city while being in a peaceful rural setting, where you’ll make it possible for the youngest local kids to the most senior international artists to find a place to explore and create in all the arts, and where you help award-winning professional theatre come to life.
As our organization enters its 30th season, we are looking for a new Director of Development. Someone who is passionate about the arts, who wants to build a career in arts management and development in Nova Scotia and who is excited to help us build further resilience for the Centre and Two Planks, including some new capital and programming projects. See the full job description on our website at www.artscentre.ca/nowhiring
The Ross Creek Centre for the Arts and Two Planks and a Passion Theatre are sister organizations sharing some resources under the umbrella of the CoastArts Association. Giving voice through the arts, we serve the public on our 178 acre property and our spectacular facilities through professional live performance, international artist residencies, arts education at all levels and in all disciplines, and through community outreach.
We seek a passionate and engaged Director of Development to become a new colleague working to build the future of our organization on our strong foundation. Ross Creek and Two Planks are growing and looking forward to our emergence from the pandemic era stronger than ever.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is highly organized
- Is dedicated to the arts
- Has some experience in an arts or arts-related setting or organization
- Is willing to pitch in as part of a small but mighty team
- Is a great communicator and writer
- Is curious, and highly engaged in whatever they take on
- Is excited by the promise of a rural community
- Loves to work in a highly collaborative and diverse environment
Candidates should have some knowledge of (or a strong desire to dive into)
- Software systems such as CRM (Salesforce), Google Suite, Trello, Excel, etc)?
- Working in a non-profit setting
- Working with volunteers
- Managing events
The Director of Development works collaboratively with other staff to:
- Shepherd new and existing relationships with community and corporate partners
- Nurture relationships with foundations and individual donors
- Lead fundraising events and special projects
- Ensure organized and accurate development data
- Ensure we are adhering to all best practices for donor relationships
- Work closely with senior management to ensure we are gathering and telling our stories, making our relationships strong, and stewarding our connections to our wide community
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please email a letter of interest, two references, and CV by email to
Ms. Chris O’Neill, Executive Director, email@example.com
DEADLINE: May 1, 2021
BENEFITS: Health, incl. dental and paramedical, Creative Renewal Time, and other benefits
Hiring Values: The Ross Creek Centre for the Arts is looking for innovative and creative individuals who care about arts in the community and who love rural living. The Centre is committed to creating a great team environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, and we strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
While all applications are appreciated, only those selected for interview will be contacted.