Website Stratford Festival
North America’s leading classical repertory theatre
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and artisans alike. If you would like to be part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the position of:
Associate Director, Food & Beverage
Reporting to the Director of Audience Development, your primary responsibility will be to plan and direct the Stratford Festival’s food and beverage operations. Your portfolio will include extensive food and beverage operations, with a staff cafeteria, licensed café, multiple bars and a robust catering business.
The successful candidate will provide leadership to the Executive Chef and the Bar & Events Manager who together oversee the recruitment, training, and performance management of over 50 seasonal chefs and service staff.
– Develop and implement the annual plan for the Festival’s food and beverage operations with an eye to optimizing revenue and enhancing the on-site experience.
– Represent the Festival to internal and external contacts on all facets related to its food and beverage offering.
– Negotiate vendor contracts, and when appropriate, coordinate with the Festival’s corporate sponsorship team.
– Establish internal policies and procedures, working closely with the Finance department to implement purchasing and inventory controls.
– Hire, train and manage all staff and supervisors, motivating them to sales targets and service objectives.
– Lead all facets of alcohol sales including up-to-date knowledge of evolving regulations and all facets of facility licensing requirements.
– Contribute to the broader guest experience, working collaboratively with managers and staff across the Festival to deliver seamless enhancement to their visit.
– Other duties as required.
– Minimum of 5 years management experience in the event, restaurant, or hospitality sector with proven leadership skills.
– Post-Secondary education in a recognized Food and Beverage/ Hospitality or related field, plus advanced knowledge of all regulations affecting the food service and liquor sales industry.
– Ability to build rapport and effective relationships with internal and external customers as well as staff.
– Ability to work in high pressured situations and apply solid problem solving skills.
– Ability to delegate and work independently anticipating event and team needs
– Proven ability to manage multiple projects and events simultaneously.
– Advanced financial acumen to ensure accurate forecasting and ongoing alignment to budgets.
This full time position is located in Stratford, Ontario and will begin immediately. This position will require evening and weekend work, particularly through the performance Season.
Job Type: Full Time
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment, we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the recruitment and hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a résumé and cover letter in a single PDF by February 10, 2020, to:
Subject: Associate Director, Food & Beverage