Theatre exploring the spiritual aspects of the human experience.
ABOUT PACIFIC THEATRE
Over the past 34 years Pacific Theatre has fulfilled its faith-based mandate of creating professional theatre that explores the spiritual aspects of the human experience through its producing of over 300 shows, including 91 original works, and training over 60 emerging artists through its apprentice program. Pacific Theatre is proud to be one of Vancouver’s only mid-sized theatre companies, with a history of award-winning seasons and productions, created in its intimate alley-theatre located within the Chalmers Heritage Building.
ASSOCIATE MANAGER POSITION
The organization is seeking an Associate Manager to lead the company’s marketing efforts as well as assist the Executive Director with managing the day-to-day operations of the theatre.
The Marketing component of the position includes the creation and implementation of a marketing plan to promote the season and achieve subscription and single ticket sales goals. Management responsibilities including assisting with HR, coordinating and executing grant applications, and facilitating the organization’s venue search.
We are looking for a charismatic and hard-working individual to join our dynamic team and help lead our organization into an exciting and sustainable future.
Reports to: Executive Director
Reporting staff: Publicist and Marketing Assistant, Group Sales Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- College, university or professional certificate degree preferred
- Related experience in arts management and/or marketing
- An enthusiasm for Pacific Theatre’s mandate and culture
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Highly organized with exceptional administrative skills
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to clearly communicate vision and values
- Self-motivated, friendly, adaptive, creative and able to meet deadlines
- Social media and general marketing skills
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications. Skills with InDesign, Photoshop, and WordPress a strong asset.
- Thrives in an open office work environment
- Interested in contributing and being a member of an integrated team
- Handle day-to-day HR issues and questions, including staff and apprentice check-ins and employee benefits.
- Coordinate and execute grant applications and reporting, together with the Artistic and Executive Directors.
- Coordinate venue search, including maintaining relationships with key partners.
- Coordinate venue rentals.
- Chair the Diversity Working Group, working to increase accessibility, inclusion, and diversity at Pacific Theatre.
- Other duties as required.
- Direct and carry out the vision for Pacific Theatre’s overall brand and communications.
- Work with Publicist and Marketing Assistant to create promotional strategies for each production.
- Create and roll out season launch and subscription campaigns.
- Generate, or oversee the generation of, all marketing content including written copy, signage, graphics, videos, photos, brochure design, and other materials.
- Manage website, blog, and social media accounts.
- Secure and execute all paid advertising with media partners and online.
- Work with Executive Director on communications regarding fundraising campaigns and create marketing plan for Christmas Campaign.
- Responsibly manage marketing budget.
Full-time position at 40 hours/week. Some evenings and weekends may be required. Benefits and vacation offered after 3-month probationary period. We encourage applications from all interested parties. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as we receive applications.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish to thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Pacific Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hiring decisions are based solely on the merits of the candidates and needs of the “Society”.