Presentation House Theatre (PHT) is located in the heart of North Vancouver, on the stunning north shore of the Vancouver BC area. Under the artistic leadership of Kim Selody, the company produces and presents professional theatre for children, youth and adults, using live performance experiences to create and build community locally, and on tour nationally and internationally. Our home includes a 150 seat, flexible space theatre; the Anne MacDonald Studio, a heritage church re-purposed as a dance/theatre/music studio; and additional studio spaces we offer for residencies and rehearsal space to local artists. A typical season at PHT includes mainstage productions, presentations, touring, a small series of professional music and dance, and the hosting of several local arts groups. We average 60+ events throughout the year. In addition, we proudly act as an incubator space for the development of new works.
PHT has two key relationships in the City of North Vancouver: North Vancouver Recreation and Cultural Commission, which provides operating grants to support our annual operations; and the City of North Vancouver in relationship to our lease in managing the Presentation House facilities.
- Reports to: Board of Directors
- Key Relationships: Chair of the Board and Artistic Director
- Reports: Finance/ Office Management/Marketing/Building
The Managing Director will work cooperatively with the Artistic Director in maintaining Presentation House as a vibrant performing arts space and public venue; serve as the administrative lead and implement policy; oversee all finances; work closely with the Board of Directors, and supervise all staff outside of production. The Managing Director will serve as the Presentation House lead liaison with the City North Vancouver.
- Develop, monitor and maintain administrative procedures
- Manage human resource matters
- Oversee the development and maintenance of annual operating budget
- Develop and maintain organization operating plan
- Oversee the development of annual operating budget for program and building, fund development and the organization’s financial operations
- Overall management of Presentation House/Anne MacDonald buildings and grounds
- Lead fund development plans and strategies
- Co-ordinate funding applications for grants from municipal, provincial, national and international funders
- Oversee all marketing materials, sales and initiatives
- Experienced leader in the arts, preferably in theatre
- Effective communicator
- Proven record in fundraising and ability to manage relationships with donors, funders and sponsors
- Experience in the writing of grants and applications
- Proficiency and experience with computer software programs that support finance, operations, marketing and communications
- Experience in venue management and operations