Reporting to the Managing Director, and working closely with Factory’s administrative team, the Administrator is responsible for assisting with the smooth operations of Factory Theatre. We are looking for someone with general office and financial administration experience, and a passion for theatre! If you are excited by the idea of working at a not-for-profit theatre company and have a dynamic, can-do attitude, we want you to join our team!
Job description: Major responsibilities are general office coordination, financial administration and bookkeeping, contract administration (including facility rentals), and offering administrative assistance to the senior staff of the organization. This position has the possibility for growth into other areas of the organization depending on the candidate’s interest.
Specific duties include:
- Supporting the Managing Director in coordinating IT support, facility repairs, and equipment purchases.
- Ensuring office systems and necessary supplies are stocked and in working condition.
- Filing and organizing of all administrative and financial files.
- Booking travel and accommodation for performers and creative team members as needed.
Rental & Contract Administration:
- Preparation of rental agreements and related billings and documentation.
Issuing, tracking and filing of artistic and production-related contracts (including CAEA, ADC, PGC).
- Preparation of additional paperwork required for rental events (such as AGCO Special Occasion Permits, Temporary Liquor License Extensions).
Bookkeeping and financial administration:
- Reconciliation and posting of daily sales reports and deposits; accounts receivable tracking and administration.
- Accounts Payable tracking and administration.
- Processing sales and donations in Spektrix (Box Office System) and issuing tax receipts.
- Monthly account reconciliations including bank, box office, and credit card merchant accounts.
- Monthly financial reporting (working with the Managing Director) including but not limited to preparation of monthly financial reports, required government remittances, filing and payment of same.
- Preparation of year-end audit documentation for the accounting firm.
The responsibilities listed above address the key duties of this position, other duties may be requested as necessary.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation and benefit package. Normal work hours are Monday – Friday, 9 – 6, and weekend and evening work as required by events and show openings.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an office environment, whether in public, private or non-profit sectors and an interest in the Toronto performing arts and larger cultural community. Skills and experience include:
- Minimum 2 years of work experience, preferably as an administrator or bookkeeper in a small to mid-sized business, using a computerized system in a small office environment (ideally Sage Simply Accounting or similar).
- Experience in accounts payable/receivable tracking and collections.
- Experience in company management, financial administration, and general administrative practices at a professional theatre or performing arts organization is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Basic understanding of government remittances and reporting including but not limited to HST, EHT, WSIB and payroll reporting is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- High professional standards with acute attention to details.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities with a creative flair.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and to establish and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Factory Theatre’s mission is to enthrall audiences with the imagination of Canadian playwrights and develop the next generation of intercultural theatre artists. For almost 50 years, Factory has produced more than 300 productions from some of Canada’s top playwrights and helped launch the careers of countless theatre professionals.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: WEDNESDAY, MAY 3, 2017, @ 11:55 PM
Please send resume with cover letter stating salary expectations in pdf format (please label the pdf with your name: SurnameFirstname.pdf) via email to:
Jonathan Heppner, Managing Director
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
Applications will be reviewed as they are received; interviews will be held the week of May 8, 2018 with an expected start date in late May, 2017.
All applications will be treated in confidence. No telephone inquiries please. Factory Theatre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its employment practices and in all its work. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.